District Collector Pavankumar G. Giriyappanavar, on Thursday, warned private schools to refrain from admitting students under Right To Education Act after collecting money. In the event of complaints, stringent action will be taken after conducting inquiry, he said.
The District Collector on Thursday inspected the private school buses at PRS Grounds. The Transport Department official told the Collector that 1,775 buses were operated by private operators, of which 562 did not turn in for inspection.
The District Collector later told the media that 30 buses had been identified with minor defects and schools concerned had been instructed to rectify them within a week. He said five buses had been denied permission to operate due to lack of fitness certificate and proper platform for boarding. The buses were inspected for fire extinguisher, emergency exit and GPS tracking devices among others.


























