Tamil Nadu Chief Minister C. Joseph Vijay on Saturday (May 23, 2026) expressed shock over the abduction and murder of a 10-year-old girl near Sulur in Coimbatore district.
He said he had instructed the police to conduct a swift and thorough investigation into the incident and to take all necessary measures to file the charge sheet at the earliest.

The Chief Minister, in a post on his official X handle, said the brutal incident had caused immense pain and shock. “Such inhuman and unforgivable criminal acts can never be accepted in our society. I share the grief of the family and relatives of the young girl, who are suffering from the loss of their beloved child,” he said.
Mr. Vijay also said two persons connected to the case had been arrested. The Tamil Nadu government would act firmly to ensure strict punishment under the law for those involved in such criminal acts against women and children. All immediate and necessary steps would be taken in this regard, he added.























