The French Open prize money will not change this year despite complaints from players that they deserve a bigger share of tournament revenue, Roland Garros tournament director Amelie Mauresmo said on Thursday.
Top players have criticised the organisers for reducing the players’ share of revenue to an alleged 14.3 per cent, compared to 22 per cent at standard ATP and WTA events.
To show their discontent, several players competing at Roland Garros, where main draw action begins on Sunday, are planning to limit their interaction with reporters to 15 minutes during Friday’s traditional pre-tournament media day.
Mauresmo, a former Australian Open and Wimbledon champion, said she remained open to dialogue and was confident of finding a solution. A meeting between the organisers, players and their representatives is expected on Friday.
Asked whether there was a chance of the prize money being changed this year, Mauresmo said: “No, we are not going to change anything. We are going to initiate discussions and that is what everyone wants.”
World No. 1 Aryna Sabalenka and No. 4 Coco Gauff were among the leading players who, earlier this month, supported a boycott of the Grand Slams if the players do not receive more compensation.
ALSO READ: Sinner and Djokovic in opposite halves, dream final on the cards
Roland Garros organisers increased the prize money by about 10 per cent after the US Open raised its pot by 20 per cent last year and the Australian Open by 16 per cent this year.
The total French Open prize-money pool stands at 61.7 million euros ($72 million), up 5.3 million euros from last year. But the players have claimed that their share of Roland Garros revenue declined from 15.5 per cent in 2024 to a projected 14.9 per cent in 2026.
They said the event generated 395 million euros in 2025, a 14 per cent year-on-year increase, but prize money rose by only 5.4 per cent, reducing the players’ share of revenue to 14.3 per cent.
The singles champions at Roland Garros will each receive 2.8 million euros, an increase of 250,000 euros compared with 2025.
“I’m not going to tell you that everything will be resolved with the snap of a finger,” Mauresmo said. “But the discussions will continue, probably after the tournament.”
Published on May 21, 2026
Latest on Sportstar
Live Blog 2026-05-21T17:38:59+05:30
Inter Kashi vs East Bengal LIVE score, ISL 2025-26: KSHI 1-2 EBFC; East Bengal wins ISL- East Bengal wins ISL 2025/26 title after comeback win over Inter Kashi
Live Blog 2026-05-21T18:30:53+05:30
ISL Final Day LIVE Scores: Rashid gives EBFC the lead, puts them on track to win title; MBSG level vs SCD -- live title race scenarios






















