

























King Charles III Shares His Cancer Treatment Will Be "Reduced" in 2026
King Charles III is doing just fine.
After the U.K. station Radio Caroline mistakenly announced the 77-year-old's death May 19, station manager Peter Moore issued an official apology.
"Due to a computer error at our main studio," the May 20 Facebook statement began, "the Death of a Monarch procedure, which all UK stations hold in readiness while hoping not to require, was accidentally activated on Tuesday afternoon (19 May), mistakenly announcing that HM the King had passed away."
"Radio Caroline then fell silent as would be required, which alerted us to restore programming and issue an on-air apology," he continued. "Caroline has been pleased to broadcast Her Majesty the Queen's, and now the King's Christmas Message and we hope to do so for many years to come. We apologize to HM the King and to our listeners for any distress caused."
As for what happened? After the station played 4 Non Blondes' "What's Up," an automated message announcing Charles' death began playing, per audio circulating on social media.
"We have suspended our normal program until further notice as a mark of respect for His Majesty King Charles III," the announcement said. "This is Radio Caroline. His Majesty King Charles III has passed away."
"As a sign of respect, we will now be playing appropriate continuous music until further notice,” the message concluded before playing the national anthem, "God Save the King."
Charles, however, proved that same day he was doing well as he and Queen Camilla arrived in Belfast, Northern Ireland. During his outing, he observed a robotics demonstration during the STEM-based workshop W5 Life, while Camilla spent the afternoon with children at Fane Street Primary School.
Aaron Chown - WPA Pool/Getty Images
The monarch concluded the day with a celebration for Fleadh Cheoil na héireann, the world's largest annual festival honoring Irish culture.
The mishap comes two years after Charles shared that he had been diagnosed with an undisclosed cancer. In December 2025, he shared that his treatment schedule would be reduced thanks to an early diagnosis and intervention.
"This milestone is both a personal blessing and a testimony to the remarkable advances that have been made in cancer care in recent years," Charles shared at the time. "Early diagnosis quite simply saves lives. I know, too, what a difference it has made in my own case, enabling me to continue leading a full and active life, even while undergoing treatment."
Charles isn't the only one who's been the subject of an accidental death announcement. Keep reading for more celebs who've navigated rumors about their own deaths.
Adela Loconte/Shutterstock
Steve Burns
The Blues Clues star doesn't have a clue how these rumors started. But even while he was still on the Nickelodeon series, there were false stories that he had died. And Steve, who is very much alive, has spoken about the toll this hoax took on his mental health.
"When a gazillion people you've never met tell you that you're dead, it's bad when you're severely clinically depressed," he shared on a May 2025 episode of Rainn Wilson's Soul Bloom podcast. "And there was nothing I could do about this rumor."
After Steve left the show in the early aughts, the rumors continued: "It was one of the most common things people would say to me was, 'I thought you were dead.'"
Monica Schipper/Getty Images
Queen Latifah
In March 2026, the Equalizer actress shut down rumors that she had died.
"I’m 100 percent A-OK," she said in an Instagram video. "Can’t believe what you read on the internet or see. Can’t believe nothing now, right? I’m good. Peace."
Instagram/Lil Tay
Lil Tay
Days after a statement on her Instagram reported the rapper and her brother had died, Lil Tay confirmed her account was hacked.
"I want to make it clear that my brother and I are safe and alive, but I’m completely heartbroken, and struggling to even find the right words to say," she told TMZ. "It’s been a very traumatizing 24 hours. All day yesterday, I was bombarded with endless heartbreaking and tearful phone calls from loved ones all while trying to sort out this mess."
Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images
Queen Elizabeth II
Yes, Queen Elizabeth II is actually dead.
But six months before her September 2022 passing, she got entangled in hoax when Hollywood Unlocked prematurely reported she died.
"I'm not a conspiracy theorist, and everything aligns with me feeling very confident, which is why I doubled down on it," the outlet's CEO Jason Lee told BuzzFeed News in February 2022. "Now if I'm wrong, I'll be the first one to go out there and say, hey, it's the first time I got it wrong and this is a big wrong, on to the next story."
Kurt Krieger/Corbis via Getty Images
Eminem
Will the source behind these hoaxes please stand up?
Over the years, Eminem has been the subject of several false death stories, including one that started in August 2023 after an "R.I.P. Eminem" Facebook page caught attention.
"He joins the long list of celebrities who have been victimized by this hoax," his rep said in a statement obtained by The Sun. "He's still alive and well, stop believing what you see on the Internet."
Jason LaVeris / Contributor / GETTY IMAGES
Wayne Knight
The Seinfeld alum took to Twitter in 2014 to assure fans that he is "alive and well" after several fake sites reported he died in a car crash.
Briquet-Domine-Wyters/ABACA
Chloë Grace Moretz
The Carrie star was none too pleased to learn some mischiefmakers spread false reports about her dying in a snowboarding mishap in 2013.
"I've had my loved ones calling crying to check and see if I'm alive," Chloë tweeted at the time. "Don't make this up. It's not real. I am fully alive and here. You're sick."
Jason Merritt / Staff / GETTY IMAGES
A fake RIP Jim Carrey Facebook page claimed the actor was killed in a plane crash in 2012. However, his rep assured E! News The Mask star is just fine.
Jason Kempin / Contributor / GETTY IMAGES
Reba McEntire
The country singer shot down rumors about her alleged death in Austria, tweeting in 2012, "While I would love to be shooting a movie in Austria, I definitely did not fall off a mountain! Nor am I dead! I am alive and kicking!!!"
Ragnar Singsaas / Contributor / GETTY IMAGES
Jon Bon Jovi
To prove he didn't die from cardiac arrest as the 2011 rumors claimed, the "Livin' on a Prayer" singer posted a photo with the date that read, "Heaven looks a lot like New Jersey. Rest assured that Jon is alive and well! This photo was just taken."
Getty Images / Staff / GETTY IMAGES
Missy Elliott
The rapper put death rumors to rest when she tweeted in 2011, "I'm Great ppl 4 all who keep asking! Alive and well! Enjoy ya night tweeps!" The next day she added, "Yea Sadly sum1 was that miserable to make up such a cruel rumor! It Makes me work harder make em mad!"
© Nancy Kaszerman/ZUMA Press Wire
Denzel Washington
After false rumors spread that the Oscar winner fell victim to a snowboarding accident in 2011, his publicist cleared the air by telling E!, "He is working on location in Atlanta currently."
Trago / Contributor / GETTY IMAGES
Jackie Chan
When somebody created an "R.I.P. Jackie Chan" Facebook page in 2011, false rumors claiming the Rush Hour actor died became the talk of the social world. Unfortunately, he isn't a stranger to a death hoax as similar gossip had spread earlier that year.
Kevin Mazur / Contributor / GETTY IMAGES
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
After hearing reports he had fallen off a cliff in New Zealand and died in 2011, the actor took to Twitter to prove the hoaxers wrong. "I would love to meet the person who is starting rumors of my death," he wrote, "to show them how a dead foot feels up their ass."
Rob Loud / Stringer / GETTY IMAGES
Kanye "Ye" West
In 2009, fake rumors spread that the rapper had been involved in a fatal car crash, leading "RIP Kanye West" to trend on Twitter. However, Amber Rose, who dated him at the time, set the record straight, tweeting, "This RIPKanyeWest topic is not funny and its NOT TRUE!"
John Shearer / Staff / GETTY IMAGES
After it was inaccurately reported that the Scrubs star died in 2009, he made a video to confirm he's OK.
"I'm alive," Zach said in the clip. "I'm here at Scrubs shooting the new Scrubs title sequence which is a little bit like dying, so I guess that was semi-accurate."
He even brought his costar Donald Faison in on the hoax.
"I was able to work out with him that if I do ever die," Zach continued, "I would like him to sing an R&B version of 'Wind Beneath My Wings' at my funeral."
Jeffrey Ufberg / Contributor / GETTY IMAGES
Matt Damon
That same year, there were untrue rumors that the Oscar winner went missing during a camping trip in California's Palo Verde Mountains. However, Matt just laughed off the comments.
"I haven't heard," he said on the Late Show With David Letterman at the time, per TMZ, "but I feel pretty good."
Mat Hayward/Getty Images
William Shatner
The Star Trek icon addressed rumors that he was dying of stage 4 brain cancer in 2026, calling out a Facebook group for "using AI to create horrible fake news stories" about his health.
"None of these stories are true," he wrote on X (formerly Twitter), "but they apparently seem genuine enough for fans to repost them across social media and send messages of support to me and my family all while the culprits behind the account make money."
Jason Merritt / Staff / GETTY IMAGES
In 2009, a hacker posted a "sad day" message on the singer's TwitPic account.
"Britney's Twitter was just hacked," a follow-up post read. "The last message is obviously not true. She is fine and dandy spending a quiet day at home relaxing."
NBC
Things tend to happen in threes, so when rumors hit the internet that the Law & Order: Criminal Intent star died on the same day as Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett, fans were panic-stricken. But soon after, Jeff appeared on The Colbert Report to laugh off the fake story.
"No one will miss Jeff Goldblum more than me," he quipped. "He was not only a friend and a mentor, but he was also, um, me."
Flynetonline.com
The Top Gun star was actually in New York City when 2010 rumors spread that he fell from the Kauri Cliffs.
"This is completely not true," Cruise's publicist told E! News at the time. "Tom is not in New Zealand nor has he been there recently. This is erroneous and unreliable Internet garbage."
Shutterstock
Miley Cyrus
These rumors came in like a wrecking ball.
Miley spent the latter half of 2008 debunking false rumors, including one that a truck drove straight into her car and another that she was killed by a drunk driver. However, none of them were true and she's still just being Miley.
John Sciulli / Staff / GETTY IMAGES
In 2007, a prankster wrongfully declared on Wikipedia that Sinbad, whose real name is David Adkins, died of a heart attack. However, a spokesperson for the website noted, "Somebody vandalized the page."
Meanwhile, a rep for the comic told Reuters, "Sinbad is healthy, well and enjoying life!"
© Glenn Weiner/ZUMA Wire
Will Ferrell
After a 2006 rumor inaccurately claimed the Anchorman star died in a paragliding accident, he didn't pay it too much attention.
"Not much to say other than we heard and read about it this morning and reacted accordingly," Ferrell's publicist told E! in an email at the time. "There was no point in trying to track [the source] down as it was obviously a hoax."
D. Kambouris / Contributor / GETTY IMAGES
Justin Timberlake & Britney Spears
Back in 2001, a set of Texas DJs caused a nationwide panic when they reported the then-couple were in a car accident that left the *NSYNC alum in a coma and the pop princess dead. However, their reps slammed the false gossip.
"There is no truth to the rumor circulating around the world that Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake were involved in a car accident on Tuesday in Los Angeles," a rep from their label at the time told E!. "Spears and Timberlake are in great health."
Ethan Miller / Staff / GETTY IMAGES
Paul McCartney
A conspiracy theory claimed the Beatles member died in 1966 and was replaced by a look-alike. However, Paul has denounced the rumor many times, including in a Saturday Night Live skit where the now-late comedian Chris Farley asked him about the hoax and the musician confirmed, "Yeah, I wasn't really dead."
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News App
此内容由惯性聚合(RSS阅读器)自动聚合整理,仅供阅读参考。 原文来自 — 版权归原作者所有。