
























San Diego police swarmed the home tied to accused mosque shooter Caleb Vazquez on Friday, transforming the residential property into a sprawling crime scene as detectives hauled out boxes and evidence bags.
Officers flooded the driveway and front walkway of the two-story San Diego County home, with some standing guard while others moved in and out, video obtained by The California Post showed.
At one point, a woman appeared at the front door, possibly Vazquez’s mother, Lilliana, though authorities would not confirmed her identity. Detectives were seen carrying brown paper evidence bags, later loading them into the trunk of a marked squad car as part of the ongoing investigation.
Moments later, a black Acura with what appeared to be Vazquez’s parents inside, was spotted leaving the property as the police activity continued at the home.
The raid is the latest development in the aftermath of Monday’s deadly attack at the Islamic Center of San Diego, where Vazquez, 18, and 17-year-old Cain Clark are accused of opening fire and killing three members: Amin Abdullah, Mansour Kaziha, and Nadir Awad.
The victims were laid to rest Thursday following a large funeral ceremony in San Diego that drew grieving families and members of the local Muslim community.
In disturbing footage reportedly livestreamed after the shooting, Vazquez is seen riding in the passenger seat of a white BMW used as the suspects’ getaway vehicle.
A dash camera installed in the car captured the pair during their escape.
During the recorded exchange, Vazquez allegedly told Clark to “shoot me in the head,” according to reports and court documents reviewed by investigators.
Court filings also show Vazquez had previously been the subject of a gun violence restraining order after authorities said he was “involved in suspicious behavior, idolizing Nazis and mass shooters.”
Officials had visited the Vazquez family home last year, questioning his father, Marco Vazquez, about firearms kept on the property.
He acknowledged owning guns but said they were secured in a safe stored inside a locked closet and were not accessible to others in the home, NBC reported.
When officers requested permission to enter and verify the storage arrangements, Marco Vazquez refused, citing his Fourth Amendment rights.
He was later served with a gun violence restraining order alongside his son.
Authorities noted in court documents that Marco Vazquez had 12 firearms registered in his name, and said the order was issued in part because officers were unable to confirm how the weapons were stored.
Before the restraining order was formally served, Marco Vazquez said he and his wife discussed the situation and voluntarily removed all firearms, ammunition, and related accessories from the residence, also securing knives as a precaution.
The weapons were transferred to a federally licensed firearms dealer for storage, according to his statement in court filings.
He later provided documentation of the transfer to police but was still served with the order at a station.
In a statement released through attorney Colin Rudolph, the Vazquez family said the 18-year-old is on the autism spectrum and had been influenced by hateful online rhetoric.
The family said they were “trying to process the horrific actions carried out by our son against the Islamic Center San Diego community,” adding that they are “completely heartbroken and devastated” and fully condemn the violence.
此内容由惯性聚合(RSS阅读器)自动聚合整理,仅供阅读参考。 原文来自 — 版权归原作者所有。